Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Night Circus

The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern


The Alex Awards are given by the Young Adult Library Services Association to the ten best adult books that will appeal to teen readers, and after my sister gave me
this book, I decided I should definitely read it soon! It has a magical storyline that pulled me in right away, and I can think of many students who will love this book--especially those who enjoy fantasy romance.








In light of the recent focus on the implementation of Common Core Standards in my school district, I decided to find a web 2.0 tool that would help tie fiction together with informational text. This newspaper clipping generator is a simple and fun tool to help your students create clippings, with an authentic look, that include any information they would like to write about. This tool is a great way for students to create their own informational text pieces based on information they have researched and read. My summary is in the clipping that I created.


1 comment:

  1. Love your use of the clip generator. We should definitely use this for nonfiction tie ins. Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete